NMELRC Goals for Turkish
NMELRC works closely with AATT. Members of the executive board of the American Association of Teachers of Turkic (AATT) serve on the NMELRC boards and link the center to the language field. Together we aim to achieve the following goals:
- Seek to identify new and more effective ways to learn/teach ME languages - the wise use of technology being a cornerstone of its plans;
- Actively develop and disseminate new teaching/learning materials to address our field's greatest needs;
- Develop, use, and disseminate appropriate proficiency assessment measures, with special emphasis on developing innovative measures that are reliable, efficient, and inexpensive;
- Train instructors to better address their students' needs by taking advantage of quality tools and more effective techniques;
- Assess national ME language needs, identify viable solutions, and work to implement these plans;
- Develop and disseminate materials designed for K-12 learners;
- Work to increase and improve advanced-level intensive summer language and study abroad programs and establish associated teacher training institutes. In addition, NMELRC is committed to providing learners with the training and information that will better equip them to succeed in learning ME languages well.
For more information on AATT click here.